Job Title: Weekend Party Staff Based at: Little Daisy's, 4 Manor Lane, Shipley, BD18 3EA Start Date: 26th June 2021*
* Assuming covid restrictions are lifted on 21 June
Please note: These roles mean you’ll be responsible for the entire venue, so we require candidates of a mature nature.
The role has two parts which both serve to outwork the Little Daisy’s vision.
In the servery role you will be welcoming customers, making and serving hot & cold drinks, maintaining high standards of cleanliness and presentation, as well as managing and hosting our private parties.
In the kitchen role you will be creating party food with a very high standard of food hygiene. The food is simple to prepare, and no previous commercial kitchen experience is necessary. It is vital you have an understanding (or willingness to understand) the impact of allergies and the ability to ensure that we serve food appropriate to our customers’ needs.
THIS JOB INVOLVES BOTH ROLES. SOME PARTIES YOU WILL BE IN THE KITCHEN AND SOME IN THE SERVERY AREA.
Essential Skills / Outlook
Faithful – able to be on time and do what you say you will
Accountable – teachable and able to receive constructive criticism
Committed – Hardworking and passionate about great customer service and seeing the vision expressed
Trustworthy – Able to deal with money and customers on the owner’s behalf. In the kitchen you will be responsible for ensuring very high standards of hygiene and cleanliness and ensuring we serve food appropriate to children and adults who may be extremely allergic to certain foods.
Desire and ability to interact and communicate with people of all ages
Ability to work in a small team
Ability to work in a pressurised and busy environment
Desirable Skills / Outlook
Previous experience of working in a customer facing environment
Previous experience of working in an environment with young children
Food Hygiene course level 2
Paediatric first aid
Espresso machine barista training/experience
To be available to work on Saturdays between 9:30am-6:30pm and on Sundays between 1:00pm and 7:30pm. Actual working hours will be less than this per week as it will depend on when we have parties booked, but you will need to be available during these times.
Minimum / living wage, paid monthly
Key responsibilities and accountabilities: (Servery)
1. Opening up the premises and preparing the room for the party
2. Welcoming party guests on arrival
3. Serving customers and using the till; entrance, drinks, serving
4. Engage with all party guests to make them feel welcome
5. Cleaning tables, plates & cups away including any spills/accidents
6. Serving party food to the guests
7. Liaising with the parents/carers of the party child to ensure the party goes as smoothly as possible.
8. Tidying toys, books, keeping the general appearance of the facilities tidy and safe
9. Routine toilet checks
10. Completing the end of day cleaning tasks
11. Answer the phone and deal with query as appropriate
12. Helping with preparations for the next day
13. Cashing up the till at the end of the day
Key responsibilities and accountabilities: (Kitchen)
1. Buying supplies from Asda
2. Preparing and serving food from our party menu at the appropriate time
3. Ensuring all food served is appropriate to the dietary needs and allergens of customers
4. Ensuring all safety, cleaning & environmental processes are carried out and recorded as required
5. Help out servery staff where required
6. Minimising waste
7. Washing up
8. Cleaning down the kitchen ready for the next day
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.